ORCS Funding Can Help Build your EV Charging Infrastructure
The On-street Residential charge point Scheme (ORCS) provides grant funding for local authorities to install residential on-street charge points. The aim of the scheme is to improve the availability of local electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure for residents without off-street (private) parking..
Through ORCS funding, local authorities can receive a grant covering up to 60% of residential charge point procurement and installation costs, and by working with SureCharge we can further assist with the funding of your scheme
In 2022 it was announced that ORCS funding would continue, including a total of £20 million funding for 2023/24. Additionally, amendments to the scheme were made to ensure:
1. More local authorities would be able to benefit from the funding
2. The customer experience of charging would be improved
3. Charge point installations could take place on more types of suitable land
ORCS Funding Summary
• Available for lamppost, car parks & street furniture charge points
• Open to relevant local authorities throughout the UK for areas without off-street parking
• Can fund up to 60% of procurement and installation costs
• Projects with a delivery timeframe of up to the end of the 2023/24 financial year (31st March 2024) will be considered
A complete checklist on eligibility can be found here.
On-street Residential Chargepoint Scheme (energysavingtrust.org.uk)
Work with SureCharge to fund your lamppost EV Chargers