Location: Dartford, Kent
FM Conway is currently seeking a fully qualified HGV Technician to join our Workshop team based from Dartford. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis you will be entitled to a range of benefits and a competitive salary. Our Dartford yard is easily commutable from a number of locations including, Sevenoaks, Medway towns and Lewisham.
People are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone goes home safe, healthy and well at the end of each day. As a business we have introduced new rules of engagement, social distancing marshals and improved hygiene facilities to ensure that our employees can work safely; and where possible they are working from home. People first, go home safe.
The HGV Technician Role
As our HGV Technician, you will work on your own or within a team to maintain our large fleet of HGV and LGV vehicles. You will perform scheduled maintenance works and emergency repairs, ensuring that our vehicles are fully utilised and maintained to a high standard.
Responsibilities of our HGV Technician
- Completing paperwork electronically, using an IPad following maintenance activities.
- Carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Diagnosing, identifying parts required and rectifying faults.
- To work safely, complying with risk assessments and method statements.
What we’re looking for in our HGV Technician
We are looking for an experienced HGV Technician. You will need to have knowledge of a wide range of commercial vehicles and it would be useful if you had experience with electrical and hydraulic systems. You will be competent in carrying out periodic maintenance inspections as well as undertaking repairs on a variety of makes and models within our fantastic fleet.
Benefits of becoming our HGV Technician
We will offer you a highly competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to FM Conway’s active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Vodaphone discounts
- Car lease discounts
So if you would like to join the team as our HGV Technician then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 03/02/2021
FM Conway is an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution.