Principal Engineer - Security and Public Realm
Location: Victoria, Greater London
FM Conway is searching for a Principal Engineer to join our Consultancy Services team. Based at our modern offices in London which are a 5 minute walk from Victoria Station, you will have the opportunity to make your mark within an innovative and growing business.
At FM Conway, we deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving. Our people are our greatest asset and we are always searching for talented individuals to join our family.
The Principal Engineer Role
As our Engineer, you will help the development and delivery of excellent design services using integrity, innovation and ingenuity in a professional consultancy and contracting environment.
Understanding the complex and conflicting use of space within the urban environment is fundamental to the delivery of public realm improvement schemes throughout all stages of project development and in all areas of highways and urban design. You are responsible in providing public realm vision coupled with technical direction to other design engineers and/or technicians.
You will liaise with clients, contractors and third parties. Interfacing with other disciplines such as Term, Civils, Structures, Lighting and Cleansing is an integral part of the role too. Responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities of our Principal Engineer
The post holder will report to senior management and will assist with the feasibility, design, consultation and implementation of highway public realm schemes. These typically comprise of general security (hostile vehicle mitigation), streetscape improvements, mixed-use place making, inclusive connectivity and environmental improvements. Main Duties and responsibilities are:
- To design and implement highway engineering solutions
- To ensure technical reports and correspondence take into account current policies and best practice, and are delivered on time.
- Develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, external providers and other agencies
- Assist with monthly programmer and financial reporting
- Liaison with the client team on progress
- To prepare reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures
What we’re looking for in our Principal Engineer
- Significant experience of highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment; using local and national standards
- Ideally HVM security experience.
- Familiar with local government and private sector clients.
- Recognised individual in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
- Office and site experience
- Competent use of software applications related to the role (MS suit, Auto desk etc)
- IEng or (or equivalent) member of an appropriate professional institution
Benefits of becoming our Principal Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Access to FM Conway’s active discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Vodafone discounts
So if you would like to join the team as our Principal Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!